Skip to main content

GreenPak Designer v6.23 new programming error message

7 months ago

GreenPak Designer v6.23 new programming error message

Posted bylottabull0 points 5 replies
0 upvotes

在系统程序员对Program is, "Chip is already programmed with current sequence."

What does this new error message mean?

Why would it say this on an unprogrammed chip?

7 months ago

olehs

Hi lottabull,

Thank you for your question!

Before programming the chip the board check if the project in the designer matches the project which is in the chip's NVM. In case if the bits of the projects are the same, the GreenPAK designer shows you the notification that "Chip is already programmed with current sequence". It means that the chip is programmed with your project. Did you try to check chip functionality afterward?
Are you sure that the chip was empty? The programming procedure is very simple and fast, so you can accidentally program it.

By the way, SLG46826 is multiple time programable, so you may check if the ISP works fine by programming the chip with some random project and see if you will get the same notification.

Please let me know if I helped you.

Best regards,

olehs

7 months ago

lottabull 0 points

The worker that populated the boards doesn't have a programmer, so I'm sure the chips were unprogrammed.

I didn't think to do a Read of one displaying the error message.

Unless the chip can be programmed without clicking on the Program button it would seem that the program is mitaken about matching the chip contents. Or possibly it registered a double-click on the Program button, and displayed the error in response to the second. I didn't see a NVM Programmed Successfully message though. Would the error message from a quick second click quickly replace that?

I have some boards where the chip was slightly mis-placed but can be reworked.

What steps can I take with the program to verify the chip is unprogrammed?

7 months ago

olehs

lottabull,

Thanks for the information,

I need to check if the double-clicking can cause this message.

In order to verify if the chip is already programmed, you can read the chip data. The Read button is above the Program button (see attached). This will show you if the chip is empty or programmed with the sequence you will be able to open in the new designer window and compare it.

Best regards,

olehs

Attachment Size
Read button.zip 20.72 KB

7 months ago

lottabull 0 points

Testing a known unprogrammed chip, Read said it was unprogrammed, and carefully clicking Programonceworked normally.

7 months ago

olehs

lottabull,

Thanks for letting me know.

I've just tried to double click on the Program button and the chip was programmed only once so double-clicking shouldn't be a problem. Fortunately, the ISP board works normally, so you can check if the chip programmed with the needed project.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the GreenPAK Designer, Tools, or chip itself and will help you to find the answer.

Best regards,

olehs