⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at计画ps://www.wsdof.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
bonadio
加入:2021-02-03 21:23
DA14531 capability CANBUS

Hello

I have an application developed using ESP32 where the application connects to a vehicle using CANBUS reads Speed, RPM, temperature and some 10 other information every 100 ms and update the BLE characteristics for each parameter, it only have 1 user connected a few times a day.

I would like to know if the DA14531 module would be capable of running this application? I plan to interface the DA14531 with an external SPI CANBUS controller

Thanks

PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
嗨bonadio,

嗨bonadio,

Thanks for your question online and for your interest in our BLE solution.

Please check theDA14531 Datasheetto see all the available interfaces – see Figure 2: DA14531 Block Diagram. If this controller is compatible with the SPI protocol, I assume that you can use it.

In the software side, you could check the SPI peripheral example : 6.0.14.1114\projects\target_apps\peripheral_examples\spi

Thanks, PM_Dialog

bonadio
加入:2021-02-03 21:23
Hi

Hi

Thanks for the links, but my question was more towards to know if the Cortex-M0+ running your BLE stack would be capable of handling 10-20 SPI calls every 100ms.

Other similar solution of our uses a PIC18f, but they run the BLE stack on a separate module. From my searching I think the Cortex-M0+ is more capable than the PIC18f, but I dont know how much pressure the BLE stack puts on it and how much is left to run our application.

Thanks

PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
嗨bonadio,

嗨bonadio,

The BLE Stack is a part of the ROM. The ROM contains the BLE protocol stack and the boot code sequence. Please seeUM-B-119: DA14585-DA14531 SW Platform Referenceto understand the SDK architecture and how you can use it in your application code.

Thanks, PM_Dialog